I’m trying to study for my Management course and I need some help to understand this question.
In your journal activity, address the following items in your response:
- What is a challenge to MRM that one must be aware of in a diverse culture of maintainers?
- Does one have to assess inclusion to ensure development for a positive safety attitude? Explain why or why not.
- What are the current methods in place that address cultural diversity in maintainer through MRM training? Analyze the pros and cons.
Read the following publication from the Flight Safety Foundation:
- Maintenance Resource Management Programs Provide Tools for Reducing Human Error (Links to an external site.) (PDF): In this research report, you will learn that the programs in MRM have a variety of initiatives to identify human error in aviation maintenance. The research looks at MRM from a global perspective. It also discusses that it is possible some of the programs are not achieving sufficient progress.
View the videos below related to Module 9 learning objectives. These videos supplement the module readings.
- Case Study No.1: Crossed Wires (08:22/YouTube) (Links to an external site.)
- Case Study No. 2: The Right Connections (03:44/YouTube) (Links to an external site.)
- What the Experts say: Stress, Workload & Time Pressure (07:15/YouTube) (Links to an external site.)
- What the Experts say: Communication (02:24/YouTube)