I’m studying for my Sociology class and need an explanation.
hen, answer the following questions:
1) What is the topic of study covered in the selection?
2) What is the research question that the author is aiming to answer?
•What argument does the author make for why this is an important study?
•What is the hypothesis? What variables does the author include in the study? (if applicable–this may not be clearly stated in a Constructivist/Interpretive study)
3) What research methods does the author utilize within their study? Explain.
•Survey (Questionnaires or Interviews)
•Field Research (Participant Observation, Ethnography, or Case Study),
•or Secondary Data Analysis
4) Does the author work within the Positivist or Constructivist Framework?
•Does the study lean more toward objective/scientific proof or does the author utilize a more interpretive approach?
5) What are the author’s findings? What conclusion does the author make based on the research? Do these findings surprise you? Why or why not?
•Consider The Hawthorne Effect and how it may or may not have affected the research. Explain.
**Don’t worry if you don’t grasp EVERY detail in these readings–just aim to communicate the MAIN POINTS and look for the BIG PICTURE! The point of this assignment is to expose you to the range of topics covered within Sociological Research and to understand the different viewpoints and methods that Sociologists can employ within research.**