23 Jun Why do legal protections for womens employment rights continue to be an issue? Why isnt womens legal access to employment a sufficient victory?
Posted at 03:30hin History /American history by
Please see the attached on discussion instructions. Please also write out the questions you ask. Please answer two or more questions.
Please use the classroom material attached and the links below as references. CITE IN APA FORMAT.
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Order Paper Now
Pat Mainardi, “The Politics of Housework”
Refer to at least three of the learning resources for the week in your response to one or more of the questions below. Include specific examples from your life, history, the news, or the media.
· Why do legal protections for women’s employment rights continue to be an issue? Why isn’t women’s legal access to employment a sufficient victory?
· How do laws protecting women in the workplace benefit society as a whole?
· What factors keep men and women segregated into “masculine” and “feminine” jobs? Why do you think these divisions persist? What does it take to turn a job into a gender-neutral one? Can you think of any examples of where this has happened?
· Is Affirmative Action policy still needed? If so, how would you administer it fairly? If not, which of the reasons for its creation do you think are no longer valid?
· Why does unpaid domestic labor fall so unequally to women? Why is this a problem? Can you suggest some solutions?
· Why are so many women involved in part-time work? How could part-time or home-based work be made more equitable for women? What conditions need to exist before women are able to make a genuine choice between part-time vs. full-time labor?
· Why does it matter if women are in executive positions in business or not?
· How does the #MeToo movement fit into discussions about women’s equality in the workforce? Here are a few articles that will help you get caught up on this recent movement. If you respond to this question, refer to at least one of our assigned learning resources for the week in addition to any references to the articles below:
#MeToo is at a crossroads in America. Around the world, it’s just beginning. [Washington Post, 2020]
Harvey Weinstein’s Conviction Shows How Cultural Change Is Reshaping the Criminal Justice System [The New York Times, 2020]
Where #MeToo Came From, and Where It’s Going: The movement is moving the culture beneath the law of sexual abuse [The Atlantic, 2019]
“The ‘Click’ Moment: How the Weinstein Scandal Unleashed a Tsunami” [The New York Times, 2018]
AcademicAPAAssignmentBusinessCapstoneCollegeConclusionCourseDayDiscussionDouble SpacedEssayEnglishFinanceGeneralGraduateHistoryInformationJustifyLiteratureManagementMarketMastersMathMinimumMLANursingOrganizationalOutlinePagesPaperPresentationQuestionsQuestionnaireReferenceResponseResponseSchoolSubjectSlidesSourcesStudentSupportTimes New RomanTitleTopicsWordWriteWriting